You know how people have pet peeves? Little things that get on their nerves? Well, there’s no name for it, but there are little things that make us ridiculous happy – even if it’s nonsensical. Here’s a few things that make us innately happy:
- Cleaning Wax From Your Ears – especially if you feel the pressure being built by the wax, the relief of cleaning the wax out can bring you great joy.
- The Pop From Opening A New Jar – there’s nothing more satisfying than hearing that noise after you’ve struggled to open the jar for a few minutes
- Finding A Seat On Mass Transit – for commuters who end up having to stand, finding a seat can be the biggest victory of the day
- Watching Your Breath In Cold Air – you can’t deny it: you’ve pretended to be smoking cigarettes and watched to see how far your breath can go
- The Smell of The Library – we probably all own a kindle but when you get a new book or walk into a bookstore or library it’s absolutely amazing and nostalgic
- New Car Smell – the scent of fresh leather tingles your senses and makes you feel that you’ve accomplished the American Dream by owning a brand new car
- Popping Bubble Wrap – if you don’t find this enjoyable then you are fundamentally wrong with you. This is the best stress reliever
- Stepping on Autumn Leaves – hearing them crunch and crackle under your feet makes you feel powerful
- Waking Up & Realizing You Can Sleep Longer – that moment when you wake up before your alarm goes off and you have another half hour of sleep! Priceless
- Hearing An Old Song That Used To Be Your Jam – turn the radio up, roll the windows down, and get ready to do your best performance – it’s your jam!
This list is brought to you by: