Maybe it’s the mid-cycle hormones, or all the pictures of friends’ new babies, but I find myself craving that newborn smell and the way a teeny baby fits into the crook of my arm. I haven’t forgotten how hard those first few months were, and I adore this age – all the amazing milestones, the personality, the new experiences that happen between 6 and 12 months – but as No2’s first birthday quickly approaches, I find myself increasingly nostalgic for her first few days and weeks.
Hi, I’m Susan.
Teacher. Blogger. Contributing Editor.
Wife and mommy. Dabbles in parenthood. New england yuppy + southern girl hybrid. PPD survivor. Anxiety battler. Kicked antenatal depression's ass. Currently medicated and unashamed.
Mom to two beautiful girls, 5 and 2. Send wine.
This blog keeps me open and honest.
And These People Too…
- RT @unxpctdblessing: #PPDChat: 09.29.14: Just the Facts wp.me/p4vzoo-1Au 1 day ago
- RT @Lizz_Porter: Now we only need $62! Can you help? @UnravelCancer fluttering.causevox.com 1 day ago
- RT @gottareadthat: “I think the reward for conformity is that everyone likes you except yourself” - Rita Mae Brown. 1 day ago
- Fly fisherman spotted on my run this morning at Horn Pond. I sat on an old stump for a while and… instagram.com/p/tgs9GohapT/ 1 day ago
- It's #kittycuddletime. Always at 9pm. Always on the couch. instagram.com/p/tgsnyghaol/ 1 day ago
<div align="center"><a href="http://learned-happiness.com" title="Learned Happiness" target="_blank"><img src="http://learnedhappiness.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/blog-button_new.jpg?w=125" alt="Learned Happiness" style="border:none;" /></a></div>