Maybe it’s the mid-cycle hormones, or all the pictures of friends’ new babies, but I find myself craving that newborn smell and the way a teeny baby fits into the crook of my arm. I haven’t forgotten how hard those first few months were, and I adore this age – all the amazing milestones, the personality, the new experiences that happen between 6 and 12 months – but as No2′s first birthday quickly approaches, I find myself increasingly nostalgic for her first few days and weeks.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Hi, I’m Susan.
Wife, mommy, music teacher, lover of books. Dabbles in parenthood. New england yuppy + southern girl hybrid. PPD survivor. Anxiety battler. Kicked antenatal depression's ass. Currently medicated. Who isn't?
Mom to two beautiful girls, 4 & 1. Send wine.
This is my place to think, share, and discuss. To own my story.
- This is how I found her tonight. She fashioned what can only be described as a "Sneed" out of a… instagram.com/p/aw43Y4Bahv/ 3 hours ago
- My day is made. #ClimbOut ow.ly/i/2oSEy 12 hours ago
- Second attempt at naptime today. Send sleep dust. 12 hours ago
- Mantra. vine.co/v/huB2qpUZlA5 14 hours ago
- See this dark line? Showed up with my first pregnancy and never went away. #thingsnoonewarnsyouabout instagram.com/p/avusSuhaiJ/ 14 hours ago
<div align="center"><a href="http://learned-happiness.com" title="Learned Happiness" target="_blank"><img src="http://learnedhappiness.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/blog-button_new.jpg?w=125" alt="Learned Happiness" style="border:none;" /></a></div>