Maybe it’s the mid-cycle hormones, or all the pictures of friends’ new babies, but I find myself craving that newborn smell and the way a teeny baby fits into the crook of my arm. I haven’t forgotten how hard those first few months were, and I adore this age – all the amazing milestones, the personality, the new experiences that happen between 6 and 12 months – but as No2′s first birthday quickly approaches, I find myself increasingly nostalgic for her first few days and weeks.
Hi, I’m Susan.
Teacher. Writer. Advocate.
Elementary teacher turned mental health advocate. Dabbles in parenthood. New england yuppy + southern girl hybrid. PPD survivor. Anxiety battler. Kicked antenatal depression to the curb.
Mom to two beautiful girls, 6 and 2. Send wine.
I write to help others. Sometimes it helps me, too.
And These People Too…
- Two of four for a holiday stocking set. Trying to finish before the weekend - not sure I'll make it.… instagram.com/p/vojLbpFlXm/ 6 hours ago
- Real life. Unmade bed. Dirty mirror. Leggings and tshirt. Toddler hairstylist. #lookforthelovely instagram.com/p/voJlrUBapn/ 9 hours ago
- 🐶🎄🎅 lillydexter One down! #crochet #etsy instagram.com/p/vkF85YBavv/ 1 day ago
- RT @postpartumprog: Minority Engagement, Diversity and Inclusion Survey #PPD #mhsm tinyurl.com/llrsf73 2 days ago
- RT @postpartumprog: So proud to be working with @BabyCenter to help raise awareness of #postpartum depression. prnewswire.com/news-releases/… 2 days ago
<div align="center"><a href="http://learned-happiness.com" title="Learned Happiness" target="_blank"><img src="http://learnedhappiness.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/blog-button_new.jpg?w=125" alt="Learned Happiness" style="border:none;" /></a></div>