Maybe it’s the mid-cycle hormones, or all the pictures of friends’ new babies, but I find myself craving that newborn smell and the way a teeny baby fits into the crook of my arm. I haven’t forgotten how hard those first few months were, and I adore this age – all the amazing milestones, the personality, the new experiences that happen between 6 and 12 months – but as No2’s first birthday quickly approaches, I find myself increasingly nostalgic for her first few days and weeks.
Hi, I’m Susan.
Teacher. Writer. Advocate.
Elementary teacher turned mental health advocate. Dabbles in parenthood. New england yuppy + southern girl hybrid. PPD survivor. Anxiety battler. Kicked antenatal depression to the curb.
Mom to two beautiful girls, 6 and 2. Send wine.
I write to help others. Sometimes it helps me, too.
And These People Too…
- After getting incredibly lost and walking almost three miles last night, my legs decided to stay in… instagram.com/p/v3FW3whaqv/ 1 hour ago
- Yes, folks stand outside for smoke and wine breaks. And it's beautiful. #susangoestoparis… instagram.com/p/v00Wyqhaso/ 22 hours ago
- Yes, I think I will. #susangoestoparis instagram.com/p/v0s-lghamw/ 23 hours ago
- #susangoestoparis Day Two: bandage feet (not kidding), use Metro like an old pro, buy croissant in all… instagram.com/p/v0haG_hasG/ 1 day ago
- Just me and my love. And Adam, too. 😜 #susangoestoparis last one for the night. Tomorrow, Museé de… instagram.com/p/vzO5QghauQ/ 1 day ago
<div align="center"><a href="http://learned-happiness.com" title="Learned Happiness" target="_blank"><img src="http://learnedhappiness.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/blog-button_new.jpg?w=125" alt="Learned Happiness" style="border:none;" /></a></div>