Maybe it’s the mid-cycle hormones, or all the pictures of friends’ new babies, but I find myself craving that newborn smell and the way a teeny baby fits into the crook of my arm. I haven’t forgotten how hard those first few months were, and I adore this age – all the amazing milestones, the personality, the new experiences that happen between 6 and 12 months – but as No2’s first birthday quickly approaches, I find myself increasingly nostalgic for her first few days and weeks.
Hi, I’m Susan.
Teacher. Blogger. Contributing Editor.
Wife and mommy. Dabbles in parenthood. New england yuppy + southern girl hybrid. PPD survivor. Anxiety battler. Kicked antenatal depression's ass. Currently medicated and unashamed.
Mom to two beautiful girls, 5 and 2. Send wine.
This blog keeps me open and honest.
And These People Too…
- ... And that I went to a water park in the dead of winter and @uppoppedafox was there and I got to hug her. 12 hours ago
- Last night I dreamed Abe Lincoln was mad at me for coming on to him ... 12 hours ago
- Which ever one of you invented the heating pad? Gets my high praise today. 12 hours ago
- How was I not following you, @katerope? Bravo on your article. 1 day ago
- Hiding in the littlest girl's room. Watching YouTube videos of cats. As you do. #laundryfail… instagram.com/p/ugjYd5han5/ 1 day ago
<div align="center"><a href="http://learned-happiness.com" title="Learned Happiness" target="_blank"><img src="http://learnedhappiness.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/blog-button_new.jpg?w=125" alt="Learned Happiness" style="border:none;" /></a></div>