Maybe it’s the mid-cycle hormones, or all the pictures of friends’ new babies, but I find myself craving that newborn smell and the way a teeny baby fits into the crook of my arm. I haven’t forgotten how hard those first few months were, and I adore this age – all the amazing milestones, the personality, the new experiences that happen between 6 and 12 months – but as No2’s first birthday quickly approaches, I find myself increasingly nostalgic for her first few days and weeks.
Hi, I’m Susan.
Teacher. Blogger. Contributing Editor.
Wife and mommy. Dabbles in parenthood. New england yuppy + southern girl hybrid. PPD survivor. Anxiety battler. Kicked antenatal depression's ass. Currently medicated and unashamed.
Mom to two beautiful girls, 5 and 2. Send wine.
This blog keeps me open and honest.
And These People Too…
- My children are in rare form these days. Anybody want to do a temporary swap? 8 hours ago
- Prototyping kitty sweaters is HILARIOUS. Unless you're my cat. saigejutras instagram.com/p/tN9WFxharZ/ 13 hours ago
- Nothing brightens a day like mail from @postpartumprog. ❤️ 19 hours ago
- My run today was simply this beautiful. 2 miles with the husband and toddler in tow. instagram.com/p/tLyBfvBamu/ 1 day ago
- Watching the fault in our stars and sobbing all over again. 2 days ago
<div align="center"><a href="http://learned-happiness.com" title="Learned Happiness" target="_blank"><img src="http://learnedhappiness.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/blog-button_new.jpg?w=125" alt="Learned Happiness" style="border:none;" /></a></div>