Maybe it’s the mid-cycle hormones, or all the pictures of friends’ new babies, but I find myself craving that newborn smell and the way a teeny baby fits into the crook of my arm. I haven’t forgotten how hard those first few months were, and I adore this age – all the amazing milestones, the personality, the new experiences that happen between 6 and 12 months – but as No2’s first birthday quickly approaches, I find myself increasingly nostalgic for her first few days and weeks.
Hi, I’m Susan.
Teacher. Writer. Advocate.
Elementary teacher turned mental health advocate. Dabbles in parenthood. New england yuppy + southern girl hybrid. PPD survivor. Anxiety battler. Kicked antenatal depression to the curb.
Mom to two beautiful girls, 6 and 2. Send wine.
I write to help others. Sometimes it helps me, too.
And These People Too…
- Does anybody else's house actually get messier as they clean? Or is it just me? #sigh #overdue… instagram.com/p/wwev8nBahu/ 8 hours ago
- RT @MaraAcelGreen: Strong Roots Counseling is hiring therapists! Full job description @ facebook.com/mara.acelgreen. Pls RT @learndhappiness @S… 9 hours ago
- Not a bad way to spend an evening. #crochet #xmasgifts instagram.com/p/wpsnapllVa/ 2 days ago
- RT @runningnekkid: I'm over at Stigma Fighters toady, sharing tough truths and a lot of love. stigmafighters.com/stigma-fighter… 3 days ago
- That time we surprised my parents by lighting their house with the 30 foot roofline. With… instagram.com/p/wmoP3MBalg/ 4 days ago
<div align="center"><a href="http://learned-happiness.com" title="Learned Happiness" target="_blank"><img src="http://learnedhappiness.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/blog-button_new.jpg?w=125" alt="Learned Happiness" style="border:none;" /></a></div>