Maybe it’s the mid-cycle hormones, or all the pictures of friends’ new babies, but I find myself craving that newborn smell and the way a teeny baby fits into the crook of my arm. I haven’t forgotten how hard those first few months were, and I adore this age – all the amazing milestones, the personality, the new experiences that happen between 6 and 12 months – but as No2′s first birthday quickly approaches, I find myself increasingly nostalgic for her first few days and weeks.
Hi, I’m Susan.
Teacher. Blogger. Contributing Editor.
Wife and mommy. Dabbles in parenthood. New england yuppy + southern girl hybrid. PPD survivor. Anxiety battler. Kicked antenatal depression's ass. Currently medicated and unashamed.
Mom to two beautiful girls, 5 and 2. Send wine.
This blog keeps me open and honest.
- Do you like my hat? instagram.com/p/m8CbGsBann/ 4 hours ago
- Reasons my toddler is crying #3,255: I wouldn't make her popcorn at 9:30am. See also: teething. instagram.com/p/m7tg-pBags/ 7 hours ago
- This one makes me think of @addyeb and @messycanvas. #eggpainting instagram.com/p/m5qE3Yham9/ 1 day ago
- "This egg is on FI-RE...." instagram.com/p/m5p6a2Bams/ 1 day ago
- I painted my egg "camouflage" this year. instagram.com/p/m5pxpsBamY/ 1 day ago
<div align="center"><a href="http://learned-happiness.com" title="Learned Happiness" target="_blank"><img src="http://learnedhappiness.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/blog-button_new.jpg?w=125" alt="Learned Happiness" style="border:none;" /></a></div>