Maybe it’s the mid-cycle hormones, or all the pictures of friends’ new babies, but I find myself craving that newborn smell and the way a teeny baby fits into the crook of my arm. I haven’t forgotten how hard those first few months were, and I adore this age – all the amazing milestones, the personality, the new experiences that happen between 6 and 12 months – but as No2’s first birthday quickly approaches, I find myself increasingly nostalgic for her first few days and weeks.
Hi, I’m Susan.
Teacher. Writer. Advocate.
Elementary teacher turned mental health advocate. Dabbles in parenthood. New england yuppy + southern girl hybrid. PPD survivor. Anxiety battler. Kicked antenatal depression to the curb.
Mom to two beautiful girls, 6 and 2. Send wine.
I write to help others. Sometimes it helps me, too.
And These People Too…
- At the National Modern Art Museum - a living art installation that invites the public to contribute to… instagram.com/p/v5doszhanS/ 17 hours ago
- More DaVinci. #susangoestoparis #louvre instagram.com/p/v3Y8V6Balc/ 1 day ago
- For scale. Yes, she is small. But she is beautiful. #susangoestoparis instagram.com/p/v3Ytxghakf/ 1 day ago
- Crowds weren't bad at all. 6 feet from this beautiful lady. And whether it deserves to be the world's… instagram.com/p/v3TfiJhakY/ 1 day ago
- After getting incredibly lost and walking almost three miles last night, my legs decided to stay in… instagram.com/p/v3FW3whaqv/ 1 day ago
<div align="center"><a href="http://learned-happiness.com" title="Learned Happiness" target="_blank"><img src="http://learnedhappiness.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/blog-button_new.jpg?w=125" alt="Learned Happiness" style="border:none;" /></a></div>