Maybe it’s the mid-cycle hormones, or all the pictures of friends’ new babies, but I find myself craving that newborn smell and the way a teeny baby fits into the crook of my arm. I haven’t forgotten how hard those first few months were, and I adore this age – all the amazing milestones, the personality, the new experiences that happen between 6 and 12 months – but as No2’s first birthday quickly approaches, I find myself increasingly nostalgic for her first few days and weeks.
Hi, I’m Susan.
Teacher. Blogger. Contributing Editor.
Wife and mommy. Dabbles in parenthood. New england yuppy + southern girl hybrid. PPD survivor. Anxiety battler. Kicked antenatal depression's ass. Currently medicated and unashamed.
Mom to two beautiful girls, 5 and 2. Send wine.
This blog keeps me open and honest.
And These People Too…
- The way the light hits the browning leaves of the 5-trunked tree right off the deck? Delicious.… instagram.com/p/ulu_cehaqp/ 11 hours ago
- Whoever comes over to clean this us can have a bowl of homemade chili! instagram.com/p/ulq9HyBaij/ 12 hours ago
- Our #tealpumpkin complete with glitter swirls. instagram.com/p/ulq0vVBaiS/ 12 hours ago
- When @aspiringeliana says Rapunzel has brown and blue streaks, she's right. This hat is so much fun!… instagram.com/p/ulRsd7Baps/ 15 hours ago
- I think @story3girl needs to know Kristen Bell did a few episodes on Deadwood. 1 day ago
<div align="center"><a href="http://learned-happiness.com" title="Learned Happiness" target="_blank"><img src="http://learnedhappiness.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/blog-button_new.jpg?w=125" alt="Learned Happiness" style="border:none;" /></a></div>