Maybe it’s the mid-cycle hormones, or all the pictures of friends’ new babies, but I find myself craving that newborn smell and the way a teeny baby fits into the crook of my arm. I haven’t forgotten how hard those first few months were, and I adore this age – all the amazing milestones, the personality, the new experiences that happen between 6 and 12 months – but as No2’s first birthday quickly approaches, I find myself increasingly nostalgic for her first few days and weeks.
Hi, I’m Susan.
Teacher. Blogger. Contributing Editor.
Wife and mommy. Dabbles in parenthood. New england yuppy + southern girl hybrid. PPD survivor. Anxiety battler. Kicked antenatal depression's ass. Currently medicated and unashamed.
Mom to two beautiful girls, 5 and 2. Send wine.
This blog keeps me open and honest.
- We've been watching Tangled. Can you tell? instagram.com/p/rF_Q8ehamO/ 14 hours ago
- RT @story3girl: Maybe you don't get confident and brave by deciding to. You get that way by deciding it's okay not to be. #lightbulb @learn… 14 hours ago
- The girls discovered that construction paper will fade when exposed to sunlight. So then they wanted… instagram.com/p/rFTxiAhart/ 20 hours ago
- I'm gonna have a bowl of ice cream for lunch. Who's with me. #feedingthefeelings 20 hours ago
- Turns out my friend @i_loveyourface can freaking sing. #kareoke #girlsnightout instagram.com/p/rD0AE3haiR/ 1 day ago
<div align="center"><a href="http://learned-happiness.com" title="Learned Happiness" target="_blank"><img src="http://learnedhappiness.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/blog-button_new.jpg?w=125" alt="Learned Happiness" style="border:none;" /></a></div>