Maybe it’s the mid-cycle hormones, or all the pictures of friends’ new babies, but I find myself craving that newborn smell and the way a teeny baby fits into the crook of my arm. I haven’t forgotten how hard those first few months were, and I adore this age – all the amazing milestones, the personality, the new experiences that happen between 6 and 12 months – but as No2’s first birthday quickly approaches, I find myself increasingly nostalgic for her first few days and weeks.
Hi, I’m Susan.
Teacher. Blogger. Contributing Editor.
Wife and mommy. Dabbles in parenthood. New england yuppy + southern girl hybrid. PPD survivor. Anxiety battler. Kicked antenatal depression's ass. Currently medicated and unashamed.
Mom to two beautiful girls, 5 and 2. Send wine.
This blog keeps me open and honest.
And These People Too…
- We hung out with robots at MIT today so E could help them with their research about how social robots… instagram.com/p/sdXk1mhapK/ 1 hour ago
- Today, I'm up. Showered. Curled. We are off to the MIT robot lab to participate in experiments about… instagram.com/p/scVkoHhalt/ 11 hours ago
- My favorite podcast. I could die happy if I could meet Ira Glass in person and have a piece on TAL.… instagram.com/p/sbXDJnhanw/ 20 hours ago
- But how will I curl my eyes???!!! #mademesmile instagram.com/p/saxpL9Bak8/ 1 day ago
- Lately the mornings have been really hard. The promise of a good cup of coffee and some sunshine in… instagram.com/p/sZzm-VBash/ 1 day ago
<div align="center"><a href="http://learned-happiness.com" title="Learned Happiness" target="_blank"><img src="http://learnedhappiness.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/blog-button_new.jpg?w=125" alt="Learned Happiness" style="border:none;" /></a></div>