Maybe it’s the mid-cycle hormones, or all the pictures of friends’ new babies, but I find myself craving that newborn smell and the way a teeny baby fits into the crook of my arm. I haven’t forgotten how hard those first few months were, and I adore this age – all the amazing milestones, the personality, the new experiences that happen between 6 and 12 months – but as No2′s first birthday quickly approaches, I find myself increasingly nostalgic for her first few days and weeks.
Hi, I’m Susan.
Teacher. Writer. Advocate.
Elementary teacher turned mental health advocate. Dabbles in parenthood. New england yuppy + southern girl hybrid. PPD survivor. Anxiety battler. Kicked antenatal depression to the curb.
Mom to two beautiful girls, 6 and 2. Send wine.
I write to help others. Sometimes it helps me, too.
And These People Too…
- View from our hotel window. That opens - and lets the fresh air in along with the city sounds.… instagram.com/p/vvVqk0haga/ 49 minutes ago
- In love with this staggered puffball stitch for a stocking!!! Custom orders rule! #etsy #crochet instagram.com/p/vr2ge7llaR/ 1 day ago
- The best is waking up to my two-year old singing @taylorswift13's #shakeitoff in her crib. instagram.com/p/vqbBcfhanU/ cc: @lilloveandluck 1 day ago
- She sings the "my ex man" part too but I couldn't catch it on camera. 😂 #shakeitoff instagram.com/p/vqbBcfhanU/ 1 day ago
- Two of four for a holiday stocking set. Trying to finish before the weekend - not sure I'll make it.… instagram.com/p/vojLbpFlXm/ 2 days ago
<div align="center"><a href="http://learned-happiness.com" title="Learned Happiness" target="_blank"><img src="http://learnedhappiness.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/blog-button_new.jpg?w=125" alt="Learned Happiness" style="border:none;" /></a></div>