Maybe it’s the mid-cycle hormones, or all the pictures of friends’ new babies, but I find myself craving that newborn smell and the way a teeny baby fits into the crook of my arm. I haven’t forgotten how hard those first few months were, and I adore this age – all the amazing milestones, the personality, the new experiences that happen between 6 and 12 months – but as No2′s first birthday quickly approaches, I find myself increasingly nostalgic for her first few days and weeks.
Hi, I’m Susan.
Teacher. Blogger. Contributing Editor.
Wife and mommy. Dabbles in parenthood. New england yuppy + southern girl hybrid. PPD survivor. Anxiety battler. Kicked antenatal depression's ass. Currently medicated and unashamed.
Mom to two beautiful girls, 5 and 2. Send wine.
This blog keeps me open and honest.
- We've moved onto the fire throat portion of this cold. Yay. 2 hours ago
- Hey @crowdrise. Can we get a little help with the widget? I emailed and so did @addyeB. Thanks. 2 hours ago
- I'll just be laying in my window seat while the children trash the house. Because, SUN.… instagram.com/p/m2-c_Phamf/ 8 hours ago
- I'm too sick to read the Frozen book any more. Why can't my two year old understand that? Doesn't a fever exempt me from this torture? 11 hours ago
- RT @SewCurlyK: If you are local, I'm teaching Raising a Happy Toddler tomorrow night. Registration is here: eventbrite.com/e/raising-a-ha… 1 day ago
<div align="center"><a href="http://learned-happiness.com" title="Learned Happiness" target="_blank"><img src="http://learnedhappiness.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/blog-button_new.jpg?w=125" alt="Learned Happiness" style="border:none;" /></a></div>