Maybe it’s the mid-cycle hormones, or all the pictures of friends’ new babies, but I find myself craving that newborn smell and the way a teeny baby fits into the crook of my arm. I haven’t forgotten how hard those first few months were, and I adore this age – all the amazing milestones, the personality, the new experiences that happen between 6 and 12 months – but as No2′s first birthday quickly approaches, I find myself increasingly nostalgic for her first few days and weeks.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Hi, I’m Susan.
Wife, mommy, music teacher, lover of books. Dabbles in parenthood. New england yuppy + southern girl hybrid. PPD survivor. Anxiety battler. Kicked antenatal depression's ass. Currently medicated. Who isn't?
Mom to two beautiful girls, 4 & 1. Send wine.
This is my place to think, share, and discuss. To own my story.
- RT @bandback2gether: Sexual coercion involves using pressure, drugs, or force to have sex w/ someone against their will. Learn more: http:/… 6 hours ago
- WTF? instagram.com/p/Zt9QyWhal4/ 21 hours ago
- Reading. #ABeautifulMess instagram.com/p/ZsvTlEhav6/ 1 day ago
- RT @bandback2gether: The National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1.800.799.SAFE (7233) #abuse #domesticabuse 1 day ago
- All of a sudden I feel like I'm nursing a giant. instagram.com/p/Zsmpykhalb/ 1 day ago
<div align="center"><a href="http://learned-happiness.com" title="Learned Happiness" target="_blank"><img src="http://learnedhappiness.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/blog-button_new.jpg?w=125" alt="Learned Happiness" style="border:none;" /></a></div>