Maybe it’s the mid-cycle hormones, or all the pictures of friends’ new babies, but I find myself craving that newborn smell and the way a teeny baby fits into the crook of my arm. I haven’t forgotten how hard those first few months were, and I adore this age – all the amazing milestones, the personality, the new experiences that happen between 6 and 12 months – but as No2’s first birthday quickly approaches, I find myself increasingly nostalgic for her first few days and weeks.
Hi, I’m Susan.
Teacher. Writer. Advocate.
Elementary teacher turned mental health advocate. Dabbles in parenthood. New england yuppy + southern girl hybrid. PPD survivor. Anxiety battler. Kicked antenatal depression to the curb.
Mom to two beautiful girls, 6 and 2. Send wine.
I write to help others. Sometimes it helps me, too.
And These People Too…
- Turns out, for Christmas I bought Adam 1 square foot of Hawaii 2, courtesy of #CAH. We might actually… instagram.com/p/w7QEkxBavo/ 5 hours ago
- 34 years ago, today, my mother sent a message via telegram to tell my dad they had a baby girl. He… instagram.com/p/w32gMQBavJ/ 1 day ago
- RT @DennisHuiLawyer: Blame the criminal who acted with intent to kill, not the circumstances or the protesters who are peaceful and aggriev… 1 day ago
- Little known fact: Christoph was the 1845 Plank Champion of the Southern Isles Regionals instagram.com/p/wzsQkbhav-/ 3 days ago
- A gallery of princesses. instagram.com/p/wzpZZaBarS/ 3 days ago
<div align="center"><a href="http://learned-happiness.com" title="Learned Happiness" target="_blank"><img src="http://learnedhappiness.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/blog-button_new.jpg?w=125" alt="Learned Happiness" style="border:none;" /></a></div>