Maybe it’s the mid-cycle hormones, or all the pictures of friends’ new babies, but I find myself craving that newborn smell and the way a teeny baby fits into the crook of my arm. I haven’t forgotten how hard those first few months were, and I adore this age – all the amazing milestones, the personality, the new experiences that happen between 6 and 12 months – but as No2’s first birthday quickly approaches, I find myself increasingly nostalgic for her first few days and weeks.
Hi, I’m Susan.
Teacher. Blogger. Contributing Editor.
Wife and mommy. Dabbles in parenthood. New england yuppy + southern girl hybrid. PPD survivor. Anxiety battler. Kicked antenatal depression's ass. Currently medicated and unashamed.
Mom to two beautiful girls, 5 and 2. Send wine.
This blog keeps me open and honest.
And These People Too…
- My 5 year old can bike 2.5 miles. I'm blown away. #runsusanrun instagram.com/p/sSXb31hapm/ 12 hours ago
- Playing Zingo with my two year old means we all win. She's so cute it's not even fair. instagram.com/p/sQZiJeharu/ 1 day ago
- Clouds. I did need this. And now I will go state at my baby's eyelashes. Hush now. I know she's two.… instagram.com/p/sQY0Uphaq7/ 1 day ago
- Not really okay today. #truthtweet 1 day ago
- This was waiting for me in my email today. This is why I teach. Anytime you wonder how to show your… instagram.com/p/sOj4q8havE/ 2 days ago
<div align="center"><a href="http://learned-happiness.com" title="Learned Happiness" target="_blank"><img src="http://learnedhappiness.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/blog-button_new.jpg?w=125" alt="Learned Happiness" style="border:none;" /></a></div>